Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Shows that have been re-made


There are a few shows that come to mind when I think about this topic of re-makes. First is 90210 and this show has been quite successful in its re-make.  This show has the same concept as the original but is more modernized.  It has the same story line of a brother and sister moving to Los Angeles and having to reestablish a new life and make new friends. In the original show the brother and sister were twins but in the new series Dixon the brother is adopted.  Also, Silver is an original characters sister Kelly Taylor. Kelly has been on some of the episodes during the show but was closer to when the show had first started.  She hasn’t been on the show in a long time.  This show has lasted a lot longer than I thought it would have but I am not sure if it will end up lasting ten years as the original Beverly Hills 90210.

Melrose Place is another show that has been re-made as well. This show busted and didn’t even last an entire season. Even though it had some of the original actors, this show wasn’t as good as the re-make of 90210. Some shows just seem to be better than others and his re-make must not have attracted as many viewers as the producers were hoping for.

Another show that was a re-make to one of my favorite movies is 10 Things I Hate About You.  It had the same story line of the movie but busted when it only lasted a season.  Nothing can compare to Julia Stiles and Heath Ledger and for ABC Family to think that this show was going to be a success is a joke. I didn’t see it lasting very long and I was correct on that assumption. What are some other shows that you know of that have been re-made?

No comments:

Post a Comment