Thursday, July 5, 2012
Television Shows take breaks on Holidays
Why is it that all television shows always take a day off of playing the shows whenever there is a holiday? I think it is weird since they aren’t actually taping the show that day or anything it doesn’t make sense to me. I guess I understand kind of why they do it but in actuality nobody actually ever watches the show live anymore because of DVR. I think that the reason they might have done it in the past is because they didn’t want their ratings to go down but now of days it doesn’t seem like that would be the reason. On holidays such as the 4th of July nobody is even at home at night so it doesn’t make sense to have shows on the television. It makes the nights of television very boring though because most of the time there isn’t anything on. It is cool though because they show different events for holidays on the primetime television channels such as Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade and tonight on TV they showed fireworks in New York which were amazing and almost felt as if I was there. Holidays are always a great time to spend with family and friends and to enjoy your time off and you don’t have to worry about missing your favorite television shows as you are out having a good time. What do you guys think? Is it a good thing to postpone shows on holidays or should they show them still on holidays. It would be a good thing to keep it the way that it is and to stop showing for a week and then come back the following week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment